Sound Engineer / Audio Mixer
Resurrection MCC, Houston, Texas
The Sound Engineer for this large, dynamic church community must consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity, and creativity. This position is responsible for developing and applying advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. The ideal candidate is recognized as a technical expert in the industry, particularly adept at digital and analog mixing hardware and software, while exercising broad knowledge of the design and operation of additional systems and fields.
This Sound Engineer must recruit, train, and supervise a team of committed, trustworthy volunteers. The position requires responsibility for all church related events requiring sound engineering and/or audio mixing, including and not limited to worship services, meetings, fundraisers, weekly rehearsals, et al. The church also rents space for weddings, funerals, and other events; for these occasions, the Sound Engineer will have the first right of refusal; if the Sound Engineer is hired by the renter, an hourly wage above the usual salary will be paid.
1. Sound Engineer for all Sunday morning and occasional weekday/evening worship services and other events.
2. Maintain all sound equipment. For example, Resurrection MCC owns two Digital Mixing Consoles: a Yamaha Digital Mixing Console M7CL and an Allen & Heath 24-input Qu Chrome Digital Mixer.
3. Recommend sound-equipment upgrades as needed.
4. Train a team of volunteers to serve as substitutes in the Sound Engineer’s absence.
5. Work closely with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of Operations, and the Director of Worship Arts.
6. Perform additional sound-engineering and audio-mixing duties as assigned.
Interested parties should submit a brief cover letter and resume to Mark C. Brown, Director of Worship Arts, at gro.C1521538230CMnoi1521538230tcerr1521538230useR@1521538230BkraM1521538230.